Adverse Reaction to Glow Jewelry in Dogs

Glow sticks and glow jewelry like bracelets, necklaces and wands contain a chemical that glows in the dark and are particularly popular around holidays and festivals. However, when chewed or ingested by the dog, the chemical causes an intense reaction. Other than the reaction to the bad taste, glow sticks and glow jewelry are generally not toxic. General symptoms are drooling, pawing at the mouth, agitation/irritation, and rarely vomiting.

Leave a Comment