Hypovolemic shock is an emergency condition in which severe blood and fluid loss make the heart unable to pump enough blood to the body. This type of shock can cause many organs to stop working. This condition affects the renal, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and the respiratory systems of a dog. It is an emergency condition which should be treated immediately as prolonged levels of hypovolemic shock can lead to severe damage to cardiac system.
Symptoms of hypovolemic shock include:
Poor pulse; a pulse that is difficult to read
Very low blood pressure
Severe lethargy or inactivity